Thursday, June 12, 2008

Project Renewal - Day 3 - Great Success!

Reader kit

So this is day 3 of the 1$ renewing and listing experiment! And after one successful day of making a sale of a painting and one day with nice amount of views but no sales, this day was the best of all!

When I got up in the morning, I had the first sale waiting for me, and then, while hmmm... me and Ned were having sex, in the afternoon, there was another one, that person bought 2 items! so 3 sales in one day, that's not half bad!

I tried listing in later hours today and so there are less views now, they accumulated much faster, especially the ones renewed at 9:00 and 10:00 PM.

Another really cool that's been happening in the past 2 days, is that this project is
getting me motivated to make things. Yesterday I made 3 books and today I finished 3 reader's kits, after the last one in stock sold today.

And here are the numbers...

Item Renewed
2:00 Pink Squirrel - Art Kit - 35$ - views: 25
4:00 Wide - Original art - 25$ - views: 18
9:15 Spring Tricycle Glasses case - 28$ - views: 12
10:00 Pocket knife Card Case - 20$ - views: 11
11:00 The Key to your Heart - Art kit - 35$ - views: 8

Items listed
Maps and Ledgends - Reader Kit - 28$
100 years of Solitude - Reader Kit - 28$
The Great Gatsby - Reader Kit - 28$

Sells
Oliver the Fox - 45$
Your Money or Your life journal - 30$
Love in the Time of Cholera - Reader Kit - 28$

Hearts
1054

So, result so far:
money spend on listing: 1.40$
Money spend on renewing: 3$
Money earned: 143$

So I'm really excited and happy and just hope this will go on the way it's been!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sales AND sex! You go girl!!

Sue said...

This is obviously the world telling you to have more sex.

They say that sex sells. Here's proof!

Way to go!
You've inspired me to try to duplicate your experiment one day... maybe after I've chewed ALL my fingernails off waiting for a sale. But, I'm trying to be patient.

Congrats to you! (And congrats to Ned! ;)

(Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog link list on my own blog!)

Iron Dog's Blog
Iron Dog's Etsy Shop

Mary Ann said...

Congrats on the sales! Thanks for letting us in on your experiment. I might have to give it a try.