Saturday, June 7, 2008

Forgotten

Forgive-Forget

The word of the week for Illustration Friday was "forgotten" I was thinking about it when I was out with the computer writing e-mails back to people. I was writing to my father. He and my mom stopped talking to me about 2 years ago, but then when I was in Israel a couple of months back, I met my dad, we are back on talking terms now, but it's hard, the anger and disappointment is still there.

I was thinking about the old "forgive but never forget" phrase, and how those 2 things, that seem opposite, are actually not opposite at all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry you have basically been emotionally orphaned. these two images are lovely!

Anonymous said...

these are so beautiful - and your other illustrations too - you are a wonderful artist!

steve said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this but at least the talking is a start. Whatever the case, don't let this bring you down - keep making great art - don't ever stop.

Anonymous said...

Great illustration for the challenge and a nice way of expressing your feelings. I've gone through rough periods with my folks when I was in my 20s--time helps the healing...sometimes a lot of time is required.