Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Project Renewal day 1 - update

Scared - Sold!

Right after the last blog entry launching the project renewal, I went out to dinner with my in laws, we went to Diner, their favorite Williamsburg spot, which is really really great and all had a very special and wonderful meal. I wish I could remeber the name of the wine I had to recommend it, but for the life of me, I can't remeber what it was, but it was great.

After dinner we all went to Brooklyn Bridge park. Ned's father is talking about brining the tripod to Brooklyn and take some pictures of the Manhattan skyline at night, and this time, he brought it and we all went. Ned's parents lived in NY mosto f their adult life, and yet it was the first time they were in Brooklyn bridge park, which is probably my favorite NY spot. It was beautiful! the sun just set and the park were full of people - couples, groups, old, kids, tourists and local, enjoying the breeze from the water and the quietness and calmness of the park.

Ned's dad set up and me and his mom set down, looking at the people and the lights and enjoying the park with everyone else. There were some lightnings in the distance that made the clouds look orange and purple and it was just beautiful. Then, about half an hour later, the lightning started to really go wild, the sky were green and violate and without any warning a crazy wind started to blow, a garbage can toppled down and the air filled with sand, pizza boxes and papers. We were running toward the car with everyone else in the park, trying to protect our eye, the camera and my dress from flying away...

When I got back to the building, it was raining really strong. We run to shut down the computers cause there were so many lightning around, but before I did, I noticed that one of the drawings I renew this morning got sold! I'm so excited. I really love this one and I'm glad it's going to a new home.

So far - project renewal is only up for one day and already showing results! 1$ spend and 40$ earned. So I don't know if this is beginner's luck or what, but for now, it seem to be working...

No comments: