Friday, April 2, 2010

8:00 PM in LA



A very long day with plenty of misfortunes, errors and snags. It's 8:00 and feels like 4:00 AM. Our flight was delayed, then canceled then moved to 2 hours laterm we set by an apathic mom traveling with 4 kids who yelled and laughed and cry, a woman behind us fainted, the plane was half way ready to land in Denver, and then a doctor was found on the plane who fixed her up.

All this in the midth of your regular flight drama, crowd, noise and too many TV screen.

We were  so happy to be off the plane, and we went to pick up the rental car, as we were driving out of the lot it turned out that we were in the wrong car and so we went back to change.

We drove about 45 minutes to where we are staying, and as we were getting the bag out of the trunk, it wasn't there. Turned out we left it at the trunk of the first car.

So now, back to the airpost, sitting in a car and waiting for Ned to figure out where did the suitecase got to and who has it.

I felt so great about this trip, scared, but ready to take on the world, now I just feel tired and nasty, my mouth taste like stupid chips I stupidly ate on the plane then fall asleep for 20 minutes, my skin feels oily, dirty and dry at the same time. I feel sticky and nausious and just beaten by life.

I know that tomorrow I'll be able to laugh this off, but now it feels like the worst thing in the world.

No comments: