Saturday, July 19, 2008

Enough - Illustration Friday

enough!

A series of 4 drawings I made today for illustration Friday. The word of the week was "enough" it reminded me of a line from a dead Kennedys song that goes like this:

Is my cock big enough
Is my brain small enough
For you to make me a star
Give me a toot,
I'll sell you my soul
Pull my strings and I'll go far

It made me think of how I feel so not good enough so often, how between the beautiful women in the street, a more successful friend and the media, I too often feel not rich enough, not pretty enough, not thin enough, not friendly or nice enough.

The reference for those images are from vintage playboy magazine ads, portraying those images of "just buy this product and you'll get those beautiful successful life you always felt you should have".

12 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

You make a strong, powerful statement. So glad I stopped by. Awesome work!

Sandy said...

This is brilliant. Dead Kennedy's - they don't build bands like that now adays!

Vhrsti said...

Cool! Love your style and enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

Great illustrations. I love them. I don't think there is one female who doesn't feel like that most of the time.

INDIGENE said...

Great concept! I remember feeling that way when I was younger...and then I got older and you know what...we're all more than enough! Great work!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Vern Mercado said...

strong and moving pieces. i feel the emotions.

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

great idea and a wonderful piece of art!

neilornstein said...

there is never enough. Don't sell yourself short.

Parisman said...

I like very much what you make, especially the lines in the ink. The women are beautiful. I like.

evelina rajninger said...

Your works are great and so is the concept! Very artistic!

jancko said...

great line work, lovely illustrations

Beth L said...

really great concept, well done!
And you got my attention quoting DK!