Monday, September 28, 2009

Beau


, originally uploaded by The Arm.

I don't want to go down some memory lane and write down every single moment in which me and Beau met and interacted. Those casual moments, a random conversation in a random coffee shop or a car doesn't become suddenly meaningful just because that person is no longer alive.

I don't want to write about Beau's art, which I new a little bit or his music, of which I barely knew anything or about his friends and where he lived.

I don't want to start looking for signs in his art, or about a hidden meanings in lyrics or about how it's always the good people who die young and the unfairness of the world.

I was just wondering around flickr, and looking at a bunch of photos Dan, our downstairs neighbors just put up of his Friend Beau Velasco, an artist and a musicians that sometimes lived in the building and sometimes just hand out here. The photos looked sad to me, even though they were of fun moment, so I googled Beau's and learned that he just died.

I feel so sad and empty.

I haven't been especially close to Beau, but he was someone I was always happy to see, I liked how gentle he always seemed, and how cool it was to think of this quite awkward person on stage, or see both his very delicate airy painting and his old school style harsh tattoos as a part of one person's art work and personality.

I'll really miss seeing him around.

No comments: