Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Looser



So we didn't win the IPA, we did get an honorary mention, whatever that means, but it sucks looking through their website now and seeing the photos of other people who did.

Between yesterday night, in which I suddenly realized there is a chance we might win, and this night, hoping to hear hear from them and raising my hopes up, I manage ot really really want this, and though nothing really happened, I feel like this big thing was taken away from me.

Maybe it's the need for official acknowledgment and the faith of a large and important group of judges in the work, maybe it's thinking of me and Ned as a working photography team, maybe it's the idea of being able to make money of this art thing.

Ned's in a really bad mood in the past couple of days, I think the main reason I really wanted us to in this is so that he'll have something big to be happy and excited about.

I'm glad we submitted pieces for this award, but I think the loosing really sucks.

1 comment:

lostfoundagain said...

Awww...I'm sorry you guys didnt win. I also was getting my hopes up that you would. It is cool that you made it so far in the competition though. Keep entering competitions because your work is amazing and I'm positive that you're going to win eventually.