Saturday, August 22, 2009

Israel, March 2008

01
Next discovery in the clearing out all the mess project.

I found my sketchbook from my Israel trip on March 2008. And never got around to scanning.

It's strange to look at it now, the words are so sad and I remember the feeling of feeling so lonely without Ned and so estranged in the city I call home.

Also, it's amazing to think of how long it's been since I've been there, since I met my friends, my sisters, my dad.

I really want to go again, I'm scared also, scared to see how much I've changed and how much it changed and of dealing with the practicality of financial issues, my social security status, my bank account and everything else that i have neglected. From dealing or not dealing with my family.

08

12

14

16

2 comments:

Ooty said...

Oh wow, these are really powerful!! And I can understand how you feel about in and out of Israel, I think once we took a step outta here it is never the same as before...

Snowberry and Lime said...

I love your sketchbook! They are really beautiful pictures, I especially love the last one, but they are all really stunning...