Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thrift Store finds

I was really inspired by this blog entry, a mother and her daughter celebrated the daughter's 11th birthday on June 11, by going to 11 thrift store and getting a whole bunch of super beautiful stuff. I don't know if they are just better at me in thrift store hunting or if they have better thrift sores where they are, but I've never came home with such an awesome loot.

The blog entry did motivate me to maybe start and shoot what I do get in thrift stores and not just what gets on the models when Ned and I shoot.

Today, we went to get some exact-o blades in the art store and next to it discovered our old favorite thrift store, Atlantis Attic, that used to be right by our house then moved away. 

I guess I was in a sparkly mood, cause I found a beautiful beaded golden purse and an even more spectacular black and white beaded silk top. Ned found a little handbag made out of wooden plates that he intend to take apart and build something new from.

2 comments:

Sharona R - שרונה ראובני said...

Very lovely finds indeed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.