Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Submission

plates

I have tried to get into Trunked a couple of times in the past, once when I just started on Etsy and the second time was after I started illustrating the tarot cards and sold a bunch. In both cases I thought I had it in my pocket - that I can get in quite easily, and in both case, I never heard from them. I really hated the experience of not only getting rejected, but also, not even getting an e-mail or any type of conformation for submission or of being accepted or rejected.

So for a while I just gave up on it, it's just one site and even being accepted didn't seem to be worth the emotional effort.

I'm not quite sure why, but today, I resubmitted. It might be that I'm too tired to get nervous, or it might be that the success of last week shoot and the exhibition opening made me more confident. But I just filled in that silly form a 3rd time.

In the two other submissions, I tried to show the diversity of my store, but this time, I decided to try and keep it more cohesive and I submitted Trust, Tenderness and what is the truth. All drawings from yesterday. Of course, right after I submitted I decided that it was a mistake and that I should have submitted some pottery instead. I guess I always feel like that.

Well, here goes nothing...

No comments: