Sunday, May 18, 2008

Grizzly

Bear

We saw so many wonderful animals on the trip to North Carolina, and it was very frustrating for me not to know what all those things were (well, I could say "bird" or "deer" or "butterfly" but that was basically it...) so once we were back in NY we went to Strand and got a wonderful book called "The Encyclopedia of North American Animals" which has wonderful photographs and a lot of cool information.

I wanted to make something for the etsy store and actually felt more like just drawing then anything else, so going through the book I decided on this strange project - incorporating the different animals in the book in either drawing or craft items by order of the pages, till I either get tired of it or till I finish the book. This is the first item from that book, it's on the first page of the book and is a wonderful Grizzly bear painting.

No comments: