Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things I found today

Very odd day. A weird conversation, both honest and difficult with Ned this morning while waiting for food in Egg. Then hanging out drawing in Blackbird while Ned went home to make some work related phone calls. Then hanging out in Persiana and Ned at blackbird sharing geed news and passing time. Now at home.

I found a lot of cool things today in the vintage furniture store, on the street and in the hallway.

book02

A very boring book without any photos or illustrations about birds. The paper however is beautiful. I think I'm going to use this in the next batch of prints.

old-photo

A really sweet child portrait I found in the furniture store, it was 2$ but too cute and strange to leave in the store.

photos

A set of 10 tiny photos meant as a tourist momentum from Frankfurt. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them, maybe use as a surface for small paintings. It was 3$, again at the furniture store.

cards

A gift set including a book, a chart and a deck of what's called "The Universal Waite" tarot deck. The cards are basically a bad copy of the Rider-Waite Deck, that's render the colors in crayons and the figures with what's supposed to be a softer face, but actually just appear badly drawn to me. The back side, however is beautiful dark blue with gold stars. I really like that and might use it for small paintings as well.

No comments: