Thursday, March 27, 2008

Terminal 02

Canada

I'm in Zürich's airport. It's beautiful, it looks like the way airport would look like in movies, rather then the way they actually look in reality. all steal and glass and gray concrete and black leather couches. The large windows are open to a forest and a snowy mountain and a airplanes. I've slept in the plane, though badly, so I'm tired and cranky and feel very exposed in an old dirty sweatshirt and a pair of jeans I've worn basically every day in the past 2 and a half weeks.

It's strange to be here, so far from everything I know. I'm hungry, I think about the last meal I had, Sushi in a cheap tiny restaurant on Ben-Yehuda st. and Ben Gurion ave. Me and my sister laughing at the size of their bathroom and talk, what about really? I can't remember now. Just stuff, and the amount of comfortableness I felt. Like I know everything, like I can't embarrass myself in Tel Aviv, can't do the wrong thing cause I understand the rules and how it works.

I sit on one of those airport cafes, an open space next to those huge windows, around me, two French business man are showing each other funny YouTube clips and laugh, a German blond couple are trying to talk quietly while still keeping an eye on the baby. A bald man browsing a paper notebook while his wife dropping off duty free bags, a Muslim woman with a trolley suitcase and an orange and pink floral headdress is chewing gum while her middle aged husband looks at the menu.

I'm trying to connect to the internet, but fail, I might or might not payed for it, but still I can't seem to be able to log on, I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone, and lifting my head I notice that the other laptop user I saw before already left for his flight. I eat a bad and over priced ham and cheese bagel. The prices on the menu are in Swiss Franks, so I'm not even sure how much it costs, I leave a 20$ bill and get change in strange beautiful coins I've never seen before.

The trip to Israel, now, after a night of very little sleep, feels so far away, and NY feels even farther. Airport always feels as if you spend all your life there, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

No comments: