Friday, February 22, 2008

Illustration Friday - multiple

Illustration Friday - multipal

I used to take part at the Illustration Friday site a few years ago. It was when I worked in an office and it was a good way to jolt my creativity and waste some office time as well as free use of their scanner (I didn't have one at home at the time) Then I started doing other stuff and forgot all about it.

But, over the past couple of weeks, I've been highly inspired by the beautiful work of Gennine and the beautiful way in which she is inspired by the Illustration Friday theme to create beautiful artwork in her style. So I joined again.

I got a difficult word for my first week - Multiple, At first I wanted to do something with the periodical chart, much influenced by a Making history podcast I was listening to, but nothing came up really. Eventually, I decided to just go with multiple drawings and created 3 of them for this artwork.

For a while now, I want to bring myself to list a painting or a drawing on the Etsy store. It's somehow a lot more scary to me to sell art then it is to sell craft stuff, probably because I value the art more then the craft creations. I take myself more seriously as an artist then as a craftist - but I am going to live up to the challenge and list those 3 pieces.

No comments: